PRESQUE ISLE TOWNSHIP CEMETERY
BURIAL AND RESERVATION FEES AND PROCEDURE
Procedure for reserving burial plot(s).
- Visit the cemetery and select available site(s). (A map is available at the Township Office.)
- Contact the Township Office to confirm that the selected site is available.
- Complete one (1) reservation form per plot.
- Return form (s) to the Township Office together with a check made payable to the
Township. Once the form and payment are received, a receipt will be issued. The issued receipt confirms your reservation of the selected plot (s). (If you do not receive a receipt within 2 weeks, please contact the office immediately.)
PLOT RESERVATION - $100.00 per plot
- Each property owner or joint owner of one or more parcels of the Township may reserve up to four (4) plots.
- a maximum of 2 cremation burials per plot are allowed in the Old Section (OS-OS3)
- a maximum of 4 cremation burials per plot are allowed in all other sections
CREMATION BURIALS - $150.00 per burial **
- winter cremation burials may be performed, but may be subject to an additional cost + applicable plowing fees
FULL BURIALS – $400.00 per burial **
- winter burials may be performed, but may be subject to an additional cost + applicable plowing fees
(** burials during inclement weather may be subject to an additional fee)
All burial fees must be paid in advance
No burial spaces shall be opened or closed except under the direction and control of the cemetery sexton
No grave markers shall be placed except under the direction and supervision of the cemetery sexton
A COMPLETE COPY OF THE PRESQUE ISLE TOWNSHIP CEMETERY ORDINANCE (including Rules and Regulations) CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THIS WESBITE OR BY CONTACTING THE TOWNSHIP HALL
12653 E. GRAND LAKE ROAD, PRESQUE ISLE, MI 49777